Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for 2022-2023 School Year
While The Chinese Academy (TCA) is optimistic that in-person classes will be allowed for the 2022-2023 school year, we are unable to determine potential future restrictions. Please be aware that due to Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Education and Calgary Board of Education (CBE) changing guidelines, TCA may be required to modify programs and classes to a virtual online platform. This could occur at any time and post-registration. Thank you for your understanding.
- You agree that our school may send school messages and announcements to your email address.
- If a student submits a written withdrawal request prior to September 1, 2022, fees paid will be refunded by cheque in 6-8 weeks after a deduction of $60 withdrawal fee per student per class. Fees are non-transferable and cannot be kept for future use. No refund will be given on and after September 1, 2022.
- A Transfer Fee of $50 will be charged for each class transfer beginning September 1, 2022.
- For New Student only: In order for the referee to qualify for the $10 gift card, the referred registered student shall not withdraw before September 1, 2022. The qualified referee will be able to collect a gift card from our office beginning in October 2022.
- Bursaries are available for students with financial needs. Please download the application form from our website.
- If a student has received any Chinese 10, 20, or 30 level credits through a course challenge or course completion at another school, they do not qualify for a TCA IB Chinese Scholarship. This is due to the fact that Alberta Education only pays funding once for course completion.
- The minimum age for Kindergarten 1 is 3.5 years old. The minimum age for Kindergarten 2 is 4.5 years old.
- Our school reserves the right to assign students to appropriate classes without prior notice. Our school’s decision is final.